Sports Bra Guide
WHY IS WEARING THE RIGHT SIZED SPORTS BRA IMPORTANT?
• Wearing the right size sports bra keeps your breasts in place during activity – helping to prevent sagging and stretching of tissue.
• A great fit maximises comfort and is non-restrictive – giving you the confidence and ability to focus on your goals and push yourself further.
• It can help to improve posture, especially if you are a larger cup size, where it can relieve strain on the back and shoulders.
OVER 70% OF WOMEN WEAR THE WRONG SIZE SPORTS BRA – WHY?
• Many women guess their size without being properly fitted by an expert.
• Their sports bras have stretched over time and no longer offer the support they should.
• Bodies change shape regularly, so undertaking a fitting every year is important.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET FITTED FOR A SPORTS BRA
As women, our bodies change quite dramatically over a lifetime as we age and more obviously before and after pregnancy. It’s important to get fitted every year to ensure you are getting the best fit and most supportive sports bra for your needs.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I REPLACE MY SPORTS BRA?
Your sports bra should never celebrate a birthday. All that sweating and washing breaks down the bras ability to perform long term. Your sports bra is like a piece of equipment that need to change often, just like your running shoes. Keep rotating them to ensure they are long lasting.
WHAT IF I AM A LARGER CUP SIZE?
Consider a sports bra with significant adjustability to ensure comfort is achievable. Many of Many of our bras have adjustable straps to allowing you to achieve a close to perfect fit and one which can be tightened or loosened depending on the level of activity you are undertaking.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR BRA
To get at least one year’s use out of each sports bra (approx. 50 wears) – rotate your sports bras and wash regularly.
•A good sweat session does wonders for your body but is not so friendly to your sports bra. The chemical and salt in sweat break down elastane, making it more likely to lose stability.
•Machine wash on the gentle cycle in cold water with a mild laundry powder. Do not use fabric softener as this reduces the moisture wicking performance of our fabrics.
•Be sure to zip all zips and fasten all hooks on the bra to ensure they do not catch and tear the fabric. We recommend using a wash bag to extend the life of your sports bra.
•If your bra smells throw a cap full of white vinegar in your wash to destroy that odour causing bacteria.
•To dry, always hang it up or lay it flat; dryers ruin elastic.